Thursday, September 06, 2007

Kansas City By Night

This post is intended to be just a picture log. It contains some of the pictures of Kansas City I took at night with my Canon Digital SLR on a tripod. Hope you like the pictures.

The building in the following picture is the Kansas City Union Station.

This one too is the Union Station but from a different angle.

This is the Liberty Memorial park and tower. This memorial is dedicated to all those who died in the First World War. This is the official WW-I memorial in the US. You can read more details about it here.

The memorial tower is build on the top of a hill and nearly the whole of Kansas City downtown can be seen from this hill.


The base of the memorial contains fantastic sculpture and a series of small fountains. Kansas City is also referred to as city of fountains and has a large number of fountains strewn all across the city.

The tower is built on a very high pedestal with stairs on either side leading to the base of the tower.

Please feel free to download and use these pictures for your personal use.

13 comments:

Keshi said...

wow a BIG nite indeed! Lovely pics Rama!

The sculptures r amazing.

btw is Kansas land-locked?


Keshi.

Ram said...

@Keshi
yeah it was a big nite...i spent close to 2 hours photographing and thats how I got these shots and a few more. Glad you liked it.

Yeah...Kansas is land-locked...except for the missouri river that forms the border between Kansas and Missouri.

-Rama.

AVIANA said...

Hey there

nice pics!

the one of union station looks like the union station here in DC....

how are your travels going? so how long are you traveling for? are you going back to India soon?

thanks for stopping by!

:)

Incrediblyirrational said...

I wonder what an Indian one would be like...

Ram said...

@Aviana
Wow...I didnt know that DC had a union station too...

Right now...I'm back to San Diego...am likely to be here for another couple of months or so and then probably back to India.

@Nithya
indian one
are you talking about a station??

-Ram.

AVIANA said...

stopping by to say hi...

yeah alot of the major cities have union stations...

Keshi said...

so that means no beaches... :(

Keshi.

Still Searching said...

Wow, its a beautiful place! Or is it looking like that because of the great shots u've taken?! I have a friend who is working in Kansas City these days.. maybe I should visit him! :)

Bombay Girl said...

Hmm looks nice. But you will agree Rama, BOMBAY LOOKS more AWESOME!!And you were bored as fuck in Kansas because of nothing to do and only museums the last time you wrote about it. Did you start liking it?Don't think I don't remember. How have you been?I've been unwell :( You've been totally lost nowadays. Is work too much?

Vidya said...

I love these pictures and they constantly remind me of DC. I am positively in love with the Washington Monument and the World War II Memorial there.

So are you in the USA now? How long are you scheduled to be here? Can I request you to post your comments to these questions in my blog? I will know immediately to respond! :D

Vidya

AVIANA said...

hey there!

Ram said...

@Aviana
Really nice of you to have stopped by. Please do keep coming back.

@Keshi
Yeah right. There were no beaches. In fact, the nearest lake was an hour or so drive away. Of course they did have the Missouri river.

@Still Searching
Its pretty in parts and honestly nothing much to see there. Of course you're free to visit it if you want.

@Shrew
My dear, nothing can beat Bombay. No I still dont like Kansas City and probably never will. Sorry to hear that you were unwell. Hope you're better now. Me's been crazy busy and hence the hiatus.

@Vidya
Thanks for stopping by. I did answer to your questions on your blog. Did you have a chance to look at it? :-]

-Rama.

Anonymous said...

spent almost 2 hours shooting with
sounds like u had a wonderful time in kansas!
love that night view.
thanks for sharing :)