Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Random Updates...

Its an ordeal in every sense. I've been trying to push myself to the absolute limit whenever I've gone to the Gym. Each time I try to go better on what I did on the previous visit.

I started off with running on the treadmill for 5 minutes, at an incline of 0.5 with a speed of 4.5. The next time, I again did 5 minutes, but at an incline of 1.0 and speed of 4.7. The third time I did 7 minutes and an incline of 1.5 and speed of 4.7. And finally yesterday I did 10 minutes with an incline of 2 and speed of 5.0. I also did cycling for about 20 minutes and a speed of approx 90 rpm.

So, quite happy that I'm able to push myself further. :-) Atta-boy!!

* * * *

I'm stuck in a deep rut. Why you ask? Here's the story. There's a huge group of colleagues from my Indian company here. So couple of weeks earlier, a shrewd, manipulative female colleague (SMFC) (who also happens to be my manager) coaxed me into getting a car for rent on a monthly basis. I asked my roomie and he agreed to it and she asked another common colleague who also agreed to share. Unfortunately, none of the others know to drive. So I registered as the solo driver.

So now, I have to be at the beck-and-call of this SMFC. There was a time last week when I had come back from the gym and was rather tired and just wanted to rest. The same day it was decided that we would go downtown and visit some clubs. So, before going to the gym, I called up SMFC, told her about my gym plan and asked her about the plan for clubbing. She didnt convey clearly whether the plan is on or not. So, I took my own sweet time at the gym and came back rather late. Now SMFC calls me and shouts at me for making her wait and purposely trying to ruin the clubbing plan.

This other time, when I was not feeling well, I somehow managed to force myself to visit a flower garden just because SMFC wanted to go in "her" car. Yesterday while going to office, I was ready bang at 09:00 am and when I called her she said she had just woken up, wasnt feeling well and made me drive to the nearest pharmacy store and get medicines for her and then made me pick her up and go to office. She seemed alright though and I felt she was just play-acting. Today, I was a bit late and she taunted at me saying from tomorrow it wouldnt be good if we go late for work.

Oh my god, I so hate such people! Hopefully, it'll soon be time to return the car and I'll be rid of her overbearing self.

* * * *

Last Sunday was my colleague's birthday. So, we made arrangements for a small party, made the necessary purchases (a cake, some pastries, chips, colas, etc) and bought a bottle of champagne as a gift. So just on the stroke of midnight we gathered at his place for the get-together. He was turning 29. We lit candles, sang the happy birthday song and made him cut the cake. What followed after that was absolute HORROR!!!

Apart from smearing the cake on the poor birthday boy's face, some wise-crack nut-case asshole thought that it would be cool to pour some strawberry flavoured yoghurt, some egg yolk and some beer on the birthday boy's head.

Oh moi gawd!!! How silly is that. How can you ever enjoy smearing stuff on other people. I couldnt help but wonder, what must be going through the birthday boy's mind. Firstly, he's become a year older (and not younger) and secondly, his wise-crack nut-case room-mate is going beserk and smearing all sorts of rubbish.

I must say that my friend (the birthday boy) took it all in a great spirit and at the end of it all went cooly into the shower. Had I been in his place, I would have washed my head in the wise-crack nut-case's best shirts and T shirts. Or better still, I would've forcefully, banged my knee into his groin. That would teach him not to mess with me.

I dont believe in celebrating birthdays by doing such stuff. Call me old, call me spoil-sport or whatever, I just dont like it. One reason why very few of my friends know my birthdate.

* * * *

Have I become a good cook or is there something in the San Diego air. Off late whatever I've been experimenting has turned out to be titanium. (Is that the most expensive metal now-a-days - I guess so) :-))

I made paneer-tikka, makhni daal, dal tadka, pasta in desi sauce, pulav, rasam, ranch salad, kanda poha, etc etc. All this within 2 weeks of relocating to San Diego. And each dish has been extremely well appreciated by each person who has savoured them.

Some say my wife whoever she is will be lucky. Well I retort that by saying only if I ever get married. ( Dunno why everyone's behind my marriage...cant they take solace seeing a happy independent guy who can cook well)

4 comments:

Keshi said...

U need to return that car and show ur middle finger to that maniac friend of ur's.

btw Rama anybody who messes my head on my bday will get a death sentence. nah I dun call u old-fashioned, even I dun like such stupid acts.


U sound like a great cook..WOW! :) Lucky girl whoever who gets ya.


Keshi.

Bombay Girl said...

You seem to be working out for two people.One of them is me yeah?I miss that rush.
SMFC sounds like a bitch.Keshi's right.
Good food.Good going.
Egg YOLK?!Wtf?Even smeared cakes are no fun.

When are you getting married :P

Ram said...

@Keshi, Shrew
Unfortunately, the way I'm made is that, I cant be rude to people unless they really really piss me off. So, I'll just wait until the rental contract is over and then bid adieu.

I'm not boasting but yes...I'm a good cook.

Lucky girl...who knows where that girl is. :-)

Shrew, I'll invite you for my marriage...IF AT ALL it happens..;-)

Keshi said...

awww...

Keshi.