Saturday, March 10, 2007

New Look...

Its finally happened. The layout revamp. Had been stuck with the old layout for almost a year and had gotten bored of it. Each time I visited my blog, I felt as if the blog is screaming out to me to give it a new fresh look. Being the laziest bum on planet earth, I was postponing it endlessly until my eyes could take it no longer.

Okay so here's the logic behind the revamp. I love green. It gives me a feeling of freshness. The sandal background gels pretty well with the green all around and of course there's white the purest of all colours. Or is it a mixture of all??? I ask this question because it just occurred to me that black is not a colour in a real sense. The absense of any colour is what is "defined" as black. Anyways I digress. The sandal-green combination reminds me of a thick foliage consisting of young fledling tree saplings just planted, with their sandal coloured barks and fresh green leaves.

Apparently eye experts all around the world share this opinion that of all colours that exist in the world, green is the most soothing to the human eye. Scientists have now mapped the "colour response" of the human eye and have found that the response peaks for green and tapers down as we go away from green on either side.

Maybe god knew about this and hence created all the plants with green leaves. Well, this statement is actually false because if you actually look at how life evolved on earth, the plants came first and then came humans. So maybe god gave us eyes to be in tune with nature and admire it. Ooops, I digress again...going from science into deep philosophy. Oh Moi Gawd.

Anyways, back to the topic, I spent two-and-a-half hours manipulating and modifying the template, chosing the colours I need and then also played around with the basic template, removed some stuff that I didnt like in the original template. Searched for specific CSS (Cascaded Style Sheets) properties so that I could apply those to my template so as to get my desired look. And finally this is the end result.

I also spent a huge amount of time researching on the colour response until I found a graph which I have added here. All-in-all a total of 5 hours spent on "blogger.com". Not in vain I hope. As I sign off this blog entry, I wonder how long will this template remain before my eyes get tired of it. ;-)

3 comments:

Keshi said...

Good work...looks really fresh!

Keshi.

Ram said...

thanks a lot Keshi.

And thanks for visiting my blog regularly and commenting on it.

Now, I've got some incentive to keep updating it regularly. ;)

-Ram.

Keshi said...

no worries there. Im sure more ppl will follow me here soon. ALL THE BEST dude!

Keshi.