Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Jinxed Month!!!!

Believe me. I'm writing this blog with un-imaginable, indescribeable, utmost frustration. This whole month has been completely jinxed for me. It started off the "lure" and the "expectation" of going to the US. I was supposed to fly-off on the 3rd of October. But due to some reasons which can only be best described "out-of-hand" the trip got delayed, delayed and yet again delayed. The result, I'm still languishing here in Mumbai, with no end in sight.

The next thing that happened is when I gave my car for servicing and repair work. The tyres were so worn out that it caused tremendous wobble. The car felt as if it were on a rocking boat rather than on a road. I gave the car on the 1st of October and finally was able to lay my hands on it again only after almost 20 days. I got it fully and completely rectified and in pristine condition only on the 19th.

Between the 1st and the 19th came Dussera, which was on the 12th. On that fateful day I lost my cellphone. The point is not the fact that I'd have to spend 13-14 grand again on a new phone, the biggest problem was loosing all my data. Well somehow I got over that and got a new SIM card and a new phone.

But then the jinx is not yet over. How can it, because the month is not yet over! Saturday again, after exactly 3 days after I got my car from the service center, it started to give problem. The A/C again gave up on me. Oh My God!!! What the hell is happening?? I spend blody 30 grand on the repairs and servicing and in 3 days the A/C conks off!!

How more unlucky can you get?? I dont know...What more is in-store for me in the remaining days of the month? I dont know...The most frustrating part of the "problematic-car" ordeal is the fact that I had to drop the car on Monday morning at 9.00 at the service center. Take a bus, reach office and then in a couple of days come back from office again in a bus go to the service center and pick up the car again. God! Just the thought of it makes me feel so frustrated!!

The distance between the service center is about 40 kms and it takes more than bloody 2.5 hours to cover the stretch. Just thinking about the ordeal gives me the creeps. For almost the whole month, I've been reaching office @ 10.00 and Monday again I was be late. Monday was supposed to be my meeting with my Proj. Manager to discuss about the US trip, but then gues what?? Its got delayed AGAIN!!!

I'm so used to the delays right now that if anything happens on time; I am AMAZED!! Also the fact that I've spent almost a lac of rupees this month does not - in any which way - provide any semblence of solace to my troubled mind. Inaction and Idleness is one thing I ABSOLUTELY detest. And this month I've not got anything except that. I can only hope that next month everthing goes back to normal. I'm also hoping that there should'nt be a DELUGE next month with everything happening simultaneously with me having no time to digest and assimilate stuff. But I've got this sinkin feelin that its gonna be that way.

CAT, SPJain, US-Trip and God alone knows what else lies in wait,
spending and biding their time to catch their bait,
And no points for guessing who the bait is,
Its me, its me, its nobody else but me!!!

No comments: