Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Been as Busy as a Bee

Since the last post, I have been

1. Regularly doing a lot of laundry, folding the washed clothes properly and also ironing and all of these take up atleast 3 to 3.5 hours of my weekend time.

2. Talking very very very regularly (almost every other day) to my mom, dad, brother, sister. Wishing them for Diwali and digesting all the latest family gossip. hehehehe.

3. Travelling between San Diego and Dallas in lousy flights and spending 2 (sometimes as much as 3) hours between connecting flights in Denver, doing nothing but ogle at pretty women and observe playful kids at the aircraft boarding gates. (Almost forgot to mention 5 of shots of Cognac on the rocks to get a little tipsy high)

4. Going around in Dallas from one lab in the west to another in the east for the purpose of testing the new Motorola phones to see if they work properly with other equipment manufacturers. The result - astounding as it seems is true - Motorola phones do work. :-))))

5. Driving on the accident prone and notoriously infamous highway I-635 and trying to drive safe amongst the whacky drivers with no driving sense and no lane discipline and at the same time trying to avoid debris strewn in the middle of the highway from a recently happened accident.

6. Trying to avoid tail-gating drivers and in the process missing the Freeway exit which resulted in me having to take a 35 mile detour and drive at a lousy 20 mile per hour speed through downtown Dallas on the crazy I-35 E going North when I was already running late for the lab appointment.

7. Doing a lot of perfume shopping for my friends and also for myself. Its unbelivable the price you pay for authentic (or atleast seemingly authentic) perfumes in the Mexican market at Harry Hines Blvd. More astonishing than that is to find an Indian owning the perfume shop and employing Mexicans in his shop to sell perfumes in a Mexican market. WOW!! BTW...FYI...I got a Carolina Herrera and it smells fantastic.

8. Finishing off my work in Dallas one day earlier and taking a one day break, meeting up with friends, but the folks at work thinking that I'm working. Wow! that was fun.

9. Waking up at 01:00 pm in the noon on a working day and meeting friends, doing shopping for friend's wife on her birthday, celebrating the birthday at night and eating lumps of chocolate cake.

10. Meeting up with loooooooooooong lost friends. Friends with whom I haven't been in touch with nearly 6-8 years, whom I last saw on the last day of engineering, who were dating each other during those years and who've now married and settled here in the US.

11. Sleeping flat on the two adjacent seats on the flight from Denver to Colorado when all the other seats in the plane were occupied. The only two that were not occupied were the ones next to me. Gosh! Even I can be lucky at times. :-)))

12. Cooking the most awesome, mind-blowing fantastic Dal, made completely in ghee, with just the perfect amount of spices, the closest I've gotten to Mom's out of this world Dal experience.

13. Keeping track of all deals available, in the lead upto and during thanksgiving and literally browsing sites like deals2buy.com, dealnews.com, techbargains.com and gottadeal.com once every 2 hours to check out the available offers. Wow, this is Internet Window Shopping. :-)))))

14. Talking to my dear friends in Charlotte and Baltimore and making an impromptu plan to go and see them for the Thanksgiving weekend. The one whom you know as TK, is in Baltimore and he's gonna do some shopping before his marriage in April. Who knows maybe he might throw us friends a bachelor's party. :-))

AND FINALLY....

15. Very very very very lazy in updating this blog. This post contrived over a very very long span of nearly 14 days and each point written on a different day. (Hey I should try it this out once.) Naah...I'm just kidding, I wrote this post in two days albeit the gap between the two days was more close to 10.

10 comments:

Vidya said...

Warm Diwali greetings to you too! :D

I loved this post and the randomness of it! You made me so nostalgic about 635 and 35 E !! Isn't I-35 the stupidest highway ever?!

Wish TK on his impending wedding on my behalf!

Vidya

indicaspecies said...

For a busy man, it's nice to see you write a 15 point post on your blog. Did you travel during Thanksgiving?

Share something here now after you wear your Carolina Herrera..and hurry. ;)

Divya said...

Wish u a belated diwali too.... seems like u ve been having loads of fun!!

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Hahaha..I enjoyed the 15th point than the rest! :)

Vik Rajagopalan said...

Matey, I so so so and so.. hmm.. so ahem.. so agree with you. I was in a trans too but that point 9 was sort of a needle in my ass.. you wake up at work.Mate, you are so boring. LOL

And nice to see you back in action and hope your room mate situation is under control.

Vik Rajagopalan said...

Actually was tempted to ask if you got your connections right when travelling by plane :-]

I am just waiting for you to have a story to say this year. Come on don't disappoint me. You gotu missa connection ... :-D

A said...

Hey how u doing? am back and had loads of fun, actually got rejuvinated :-)

Still Searching said...

I've also been super lucky thrice in having the seats next to me at 3 long distance flights empty so that I could stretch out and sleep well..

Great that you got to meet old friends, thats always the best thing!

And there's nothing as nice as sleeping on a weekday! lol!

Delz said...

The 'most awesome, mind-blowing fantastic Dal' ? For a guy who not so long ago told me that sampling his cooking was a big risk, you seem to have come a loooonnnng way. :P

I wish I had luck like yours on flights. But more often than no, I get the centre seat with people on both sides of me. And they're not even handsome, eligible bachelors. :(((((

Ram said...

@Vidya
You're right about I-35. It was crazy. I-35E North and I-35W North.
WTF??

@Indicaspecies
Today I'm wearing Armani - Mania. :-) Will share something soon.

@Divya Das
Yeah, me's been having humungous amounts of fun.

@Ponnarasi
Yeah, I enjoyed that one too. Not only writing about it but also DOING it. :-)))

@Vik
Yeah mate, my roomie situation is much improved. Thanks for asking. :-)

@Anjuli
Good to hear from you. How was your sister's wedding?

@Still searching
Yeah unfortunately such luck never comes my way on long distance flights.

@Delz
Hey...honestly in terms of people sitting next to me in flights, I've been never lucky. Its always some guy or a old lady.