Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Moved Again !

First it was Florida, then it was San Diego, now its Kansas City. I've completed a triangle here in the US. Just came to Kansas City last week. I'm supposed to be here for a month or so. The reason - my client (Motorola) is going to launch a new phone with their client (Sprint). So you wonder where do I fit here. Well, I'm representing Motorola at Sprint and am supposed to help out Sprint if any technical issues were to crop-up during the final testing.

Its 3 days now and till date there's no work for me. I am so bored. From the moment I come to work till the time I leave the only thing I do is think of ways and means to keep me occupied. Honestly, I've not been much successful at that. Maybe I should utilize the time to update my blog. Yeah! thats a good one. I think I'll do it.

Of the three places, Kansas City is THE MOST BORING. There's absolutely nothing to see here. I'm tired of visiting amusement parks. There's one here which I DONT plan to visit. Why? - you wonder. I ask why not. Whats there to see in an amusement park? You've visited one and you've visited all. I'm not much of a thrill seeker, although I like to indulge in some adventure once in a while.

Anyways, Kansas is right in the middle of the US. All you see here is the Prairie grasslands and nothing else. In fact the city itself got a lot of buildings in the last 10 years or so when Sprint made their headquarters here. That happened and all handset manufacturers also opened their officies here. There are no beaches here, which is quite obvious because its in the middle of the US. There are just a few lakes and the nearest one is atleast 3 hours drive. There are no places of historical importance. There's just a small museum dedicated to Harry Truman the president of the US during the 2nd world war and thats about it.

The biggest bore of all is, I DONT know anyone here. And it kills me not knowing anyone, because I'm a people person and like to have company in doing anything. Be it cooking, sight-seeing or clubbing. The guys at work suck big time. Most of them are busy in their own worlds and not bothered to check on a new guy who's gonna be here just for a month or so. There's just one person at work who's an exception and doesnt fall into this category.

I almost feel like Tom Hanks in Cast Away having nobody to talk to - nobody at work and certainly nobody at home. So the result - ended up watching some 6 movies during the weekend. Started off with a Jim Carey double bill - Liar Liar and Bruce Almighty, then Sixth Sense, Basic Instinct 2, The Weather Man, The House of D and a bit of Men in Black. I've never watched so many movies in a single day EVER, but I need some timepass or else I'll just go crazy.

The last 3 days went so slow, I dont know I will be able to spend a month here. Especially when there's nothing much to do at work too. Oh God! get this over and done with soon and rid me of the boredom.

9 comments:

Keshi said...

Rama u seem to be quite an adventurer! Moving ard the US all alone...wow ur brave! Kansas is boring? aww...it'll get better once u find a job n make new friends.

Watched so many movies? LOL good for ya. We need breaks like that too. Cos once u find work ur not gonna hv much time to watch movies.

So wut made u move to Kansas? btw its in the middle of the US? so does that mean no beaches...OMG!


Keshi.

Ram said...

@Keshi
Actually, the thing is I work for an Indian company and I'm deputed here in the US. So, I have to go wherever my company sends me. First it was Florida then California and now its Kansas.

New job, I dont need one...atleast not yet...maybe by next year or so...

new friends in kansas...yeah that i definitely need. :-)

-Rama.

Keshi said...

oh ok. Well then, d u enjoy travelling all the time?

Keshi.

Ram said...

Yes Keshi,

I do like travelling. I've always enjoyed visiting new places and Australia is definitely on my checklist.

-Ram.

Keshi said...

whoaa that wud be sooo nice :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

When is ur bday Rama? :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAMA! HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGZ n MWAHHHHHHHZ!

May all ur dreams come true and may u be blessed with health, peace, joy and most of all LOVE for many more years to come!

:) Have a blast today!
Keshi.

Bombay Girl said...

Woot!It was your birthday too!!?When?!Belated birthday wishes.I hope you get married and have 10 babies.
But what the hell did you do for it in that damned Kansas city then?!And are you settled now?Is it better?Just invite the nice guy over for drinks or soccer and beer or something.

And if you ever wanna talk to someone,call me.Use that jaxtr invite that I musta sent you.It's free for jaxtr users to call other jaxtr users.I blabber and blabber and there won't be any awkwardness I promise.

Bombay Girl said...

P.S. Now I know where you'd disappeared.I was wondering.