Friday, July 08, 2005

The Quotation Times

It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place. -- H. L. Mencken
Rama:- This is so very true; Many-a-times I get a nagging feeling that the other guy is lying more because I know that I will lie if I were in his place. ;-)

The surprising thing about young fools is how many survive to become old fools. -- Doug Larson
Rama:- Well, we have to thank our advancements in the field of medicine for that.

Actions lie louder than words. -- Carolyn Wells
Rama:- Hell..Yes!!

The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause. -- Mark Twain
Rama:- You should ask Atal Behari Vajpayee for that :-))) He's very experienced and talented at timing the pauses rightly. ;-)

Male and female represent the two sides of the great radical dualism. But in fact they are perpetually passing into one another. Fluid hardens to solid, solid rushes to fluid. There is no wholly masculine man, no purely feminine woman. -- Margaret Fuller, Woman in the Nineteenth Century, 1845
Rama:- OH MY GOD! I never thought of that.

To Lenore,without whose never-failing sympathy and encouragement, this book would have been finished in half the time. -- P. G. Wodehouse (Dedicating his book "Heart of a Goof" to his daughter)
Rama:- Talk about an honest dedication, you cant get anything more honest than this. :-))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rama

You have really inspired me. For many years now I was thinking of having a site of my own where I can dump my ideas. But as you know actions are bigger than words. I kept on thinking and you did it.
Great job. Its a beautiful site and its easily felt you have put your heart out here!! Congrats dude.
The pictures, the quotes are amazing!!

Well if this doesnt inspire me to have a blog of my own, I guess nothing will. And hope this time I ma not just thinking :-)

Love
Anshu

Anonymous said...

do u know shekhar suman on Atalji,s pause !

Sonia finished her speeach during Atalji's pause !